- To provide a daily activity for teachers to share with parents
- Provide a fun distraction
- Promote activity
What Are We Doing?
The daily activity challenge will be a social media challenge for teachers, parents and students. We will be posting a new challenge every morning at 8 am. Our hope is that teachers will share the challenge with their students and they will upload video of themselves performing the challenge as well.
How Are We Going to Do This?
This is a great opportunity to show a little personality and possibly feature some of your family members. The photos below share a few activity challenge ideas. These are just ideas, we encourage you to be creative and come up with your own!
While our main audience will be upper elementary students, it’d be great if you could offer variations for skill level and older students. “How many can you do in a minute?” “For an extra challenge, try ____ reps”.
What to Include in the Video:
- Introduce yourself
- Share and perform the activity. (should be between 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Conclusion: “Can you do it? Take a video of yourself or have your parents record you and share it on social media using the hashtag #ActiveHomeChallenge!”
Video Examples: https://blog.gophersport.com/daily-activehomechallenge/
- Please wear appropriate attire.
- Location: Inside the house or in a garage/backyard would work great. Try to shoot in a fairly open place with a clean background. If part of the challenge uses something in the kitchen, record it in the kitchen.
- Please record the video in a well lit room.
- It’d be great to include other family members, but please remember our audience is upper elementary students. Older kids will work, probably stay away from using really little kids.
Uploading the Video:
Please reach out to Michael Ewen with any questions at email@example.com