What is Voxer?
Well simply put, it’s a walkie talkie app that lets you talk to anyone, anytime. All you need is the app, which can be downloaded for free on both iOS and Android devices.
The app allows you to use voice, text, and photos in a group message. What’s great about this professional tool is that you can instantly communicate with Physical Education professionals from all over the world. Of course, there are upgrades that cost money, but the free subscription should get you what you need. If you choose to upgrade, Voxer Pro is $3.99 a month or $29.00 a year and adds extras like larger group chats, share from Dropbox, increased storage, Walkie Talkie mode (instantly receive messages even when you’re not in the app) and downloading messages to your desktop or laptop.
Get started with Voxer in PE:
- Download the App and create a free account
- Watch Jo Bailey’s (@LovePhyEd) YouTube Tutorial, #Physed Voxer Guide. She explains how to download the app and what you need to get started with this awesome professional development collaboration tool.
- Join PE Voxer groups
- Find a list of great PE-related Voxer chats below or check out Mike Graham’s (@pe4everykid) full list in the Google Doc, Physical Education Voxer Chat Groups.
- To join a group, just contact the administrator of the group on Voxer and let them know you’d like to be added.
My Recommended PE Voxer Groups:
- Adapted PE – Admin: mikegraham (Mike Graham)
- Elementary PE Group – Admin: hbaert896 (Helena Baert)
- Explain Everything – Admin: endli613 (Nick Endlich)
- Field Day Chat – Admin: dcarne681 (Dave Carney)
- Fitness Testing Chat – Admin: snelso9384 (Samantha Nelson)
- Health Chat – Admin: jwamsl224 (Jenny Wamsley)
- PE Technology Chat – Admin: bassett1976 (Matthew Bassett)
- PE Large Group Classes – Admin: bpiril593 (Ben Pirillo)
If you are looking to learn and develop professionally Voxer in PE is a must. Let us know what you think of Voxer as a PE resource and collaboration tool in the comments below!