DynamicPEASAP.com is an excellent resource for free lesson plans that are great for in-home learning. These plans are credible, research-backed and have been proven successful with students.
Some of these activities must be performed outside. If the weather won’t allow students to go outside or if specific equipment isn’t available, visit DynamicPEASAP.com for more than 400 other lesson plan ideas.
While sharing these lessons with parents, I’d also recommend including these strategies to ensure children are successful:
- Success is a great motivator. Regardless of the activity, start with activities your youngster can perform.
- Novelty also motivates children. Change activities often and use different pieces of equipment.
- Do activity in short spurts. Children quickly become fatigued and bored. Stop before both you (parents) and your child become frustrated.
- Reinforce effort and trying. Pushing for a successful performance will result in frustration. If a youngster fails at an activity several times, move to a different activity and come back to it later.
- Perform activities outdoors when the weather allows. Aerobic activity is best suited to outdoor areas.
- As a parent, be positive and share the enjoyment of watching or taking part in your child’s play. Children learn through movement and the social interactions related to movement.